OpenVOS Performance and Tuning (823)
There are no scheduled classes for this course.
If you are interested in taking a class that is not currently scheduled please contact the Education Registrar. We will contact you if there is significant demand to run the class.
|Course Type:||Instructor Led|
|List Price (USD):||Contact Stratus Professional Services for Pricing and Scheduling|
This course is a necessity for the system administrator seeking an in-depth knowledge of their operating environment. You will learn how to meter and tune the operating system as well as gain a knowledge of queuing theory and how to apply it to system meters. Each lab exercise will require diagnosing performance related problems that will enforce the knowledge gained from each session. This course will cover both V-series and legacy machines.
- How the system allocates and uses CPU, disk, memory, file locks and the cache manager
- How to read and use the performance related analyze_system requests and VOS commands
- How to know when you are running low on any major system resource
- How and when to safely tune the performance of the system
- Performance tricks and tips
- Queuing Theory
- Open VOS System Administrator
- 303 Open VOS Fundamentals
- 201 Open VOS System Administration